This is the time that everyone needs to be involved in the fight against childhood cancer. Every year there are unnumbered families in Vietnam who can hear “Your child has cancer.”
Can we do something about it?
There are things you have to know about this disease before you will hear this 4-word sentence, “Your child has cancer.” *Let me give you a list of symptoms if your child has any of these, you’ve got to see your doctor immediately:
- A child has difficulty to pee or has blood in their pee.
- An unknown lump, firmness or swelling anywhere in their body.
- Nonstop abdominal pain or swelling.
- Back pain or bony pain that never goes away.
- Cannot be explained seizures or changes in behavior.
- Headaches that never go away.
- Frequent or unexplained bruising, unusual paleness or a rash of small red or purple spots that can’t be explained.
- Unexplained bleeding.
- Feeling tired all the time.
- Frequent infections of flu-like symptoms.
- Unexplained vomiting (being sick).
- Unexplained fever (high temperatures or sweating).
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Feeling short of breath.
- Changes in the appearance of the eye or unusual eye reflections in photos.
These are essential things to know not to make you scared of it. Early warning signs can save the life of your child.
There is always hope for the cure.
Many childhood cancers are now treatable with high treatment success rates if they are detected early enough.
Never let the small signs grow into something bigger and untreatable. However, allow also small things that can lead to something big and that is saving your child’s future by being aware now!
*The list in this post has been reworded and adapted from Cancerresearchuk.org
🌐 I’m the author of “The Cancer Voice Asia”, and I want to share my experience with cancer to help you through yours. We create a special network of people living with similar experiences that allows us to empower ourselves and helps us to fight against the disease.
👩🔬I was diagnosed with Leiomyosarcome in 2016, when I was 29 years old. My healing journey becomes your healing journey, and I want to use this platform to inspire people all over the world.